Our First Date

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother & Anniversary Day!


2 years ago today I laid eyes on u in the flesh. You were the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen in my life. Oh how daddy and I loved you. I will never know why God thought I was special enough to be your mom, but I'm so glad he did.

Look at my sweet baby angel, but you didn't stay that way long. My goodness you grew so fast.



I will always be there to catch you my sweet girl, at least that is my wish.

Now look at you so big and strong. Hardly my little baby anymore at all.

I love this picture of you. It makes me smile but also a little sad. You look so grown up. How I wish I could protect you from any and all hurt that you may experience in your life. Daddy and I love you soooooo lil girl. God thank you so much for choosing us, we'll do everything we can not to let you down.

11 comments:

Sweet Patience said...

Oh, how time flies! I remember seeing your blog when you shared the picture. We were beginning to research international and domestic adoptions. Seeing your blog and Pat's blog made me realize it does happen, in due time and with patience! Thanks for sharing.

Angela said...

Oh my God, now that made me cry :) You guys are so special. The love you have for that baby just radiates. Awe....

Bennett said...

wow Terrie love that post!!! so sweet!!!!

Jebena said...

Happy "IDowhatIDo" Day Mommy!

Beautiful Miss Gracie is growing up indeed---thanks fo sharing her with us!!!

Monica Lidya's Mom said...

Oh Terri, You got me all choked up (and I'm at work:-) Happy Anniversary Day! I agree, sShe does look like such a big girl.

Wendy said...

Great post Terrie! I've been thinking of you and your family a lot this week as I reminisce about our time in Ethiopia. Can't believe it's been 2 years!

Gracie's Mom said...

It seems like those 2 yrs. went by in the blink of an eye Wendy!

Michelle said...

love, love, love that post. She's a doll. Happy Mother's Day to you.

Jennifer said...

She is one of the cutest little kids I have seen on these blogs. What a doll. It is amazing to see how she has changed so much from your first photos to now. :-)

Stacy said...

she's stunning, and you are a beautiful family. Happy day to you!

Bennett said...

OMG Terry! so sweet! I recall when u left for ET, I must have clicked on your blog 1 million and ten times hoping and praying for a post to live through ur experience! At that time I was just starting out in the process looking for Mocha sisters like me who were also adopting in ET and making it happen. This video just brings back so many joys and memories when I look back over my entire process! how sweet the end is when you keep ur eye on the prize.