Our First Date

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Homestudy Approved - THANK GOD!

I can hardly believe it but this evening we got an email that our homestudy was FINALLY approved. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry it's been such an emotional rollercoaster. Hubby and I were out to dinner discussing what we were going to do. We'd just about decided to switch agencies when I checked my email and there it was. Hubby thinks we should just proceed on with our current agency as opposed to starting over with someone else. Perhaps he's right. Hold on Gracie we're making progress, slowwwww but steady.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Hey All

Hello blog family,

Well believe it or not we never received any word on our homestudy. Someone from the agency contacted me via email last Friday. They assured me they would have a definitive answer over the weekend or Monday the latest. It's Thurs. night, I never heard anything. I emailed the agency Monday evening and I received no response. Hubby and I were talking last night and he said we have so much already. We're madly in love with each other, love the Lord and we're financially secure. Maybe that's all we get, maybe we don't have the right to ask for more. I don't know. What I do know is that I am so tired of crying about this, so tired of feeling sad. We are considering other agencies but this has been so traumatic for us it's hard to continue the quest. I realize that nothing in life is easy and because Gracie would be our greatest gift perhaps it should be difficult. Prayers please.

Monday, May 7, 2007

Not Meant - What Now?

Well, it doesn't seem that our homestudy will be approved. It's been a month and the nomal time frame is a week. On our adoption agency's forum, there have been many to submit there's after ours and it's already approved. I spoke with someone at the agency yet again last week. They stated they were checking on something with the Ethiopian team in Ethiopia and they would know something in a couple of days. Of course that's been a week ago. They are just yanking my chain. Honestly folks, it is unbelievable to me that there are children DYING daily over there and hubby and I are two Christian, well adjusted, financially secure people and we are getting the run around. I can't tell you the despair I feel. Maybe it's not meant for us to be parents. My God, how can that be?! Hubby and I have talked and we are considering trying another route. Perhaps a domestic adoption will bring us our Gracie. I sure felt connected to Ethiopia and felt so sure that she was there. Tomorrow, I'm going to call our local agency and speak with the owner. Perhaps she has some advice or can at least steer us toward some agencies here. Pray for us and our Gracie.

Wednesday, May 2, 2007


Hello again, I thought I'd post some good news for a change. Hubby & I are going to Hawaii for our summer vacation. We will fly to Hawaii then take a 7 day cruise down all of the islands. It should be great & I can't wait. This is a big deal for us because we both HATE to fly. We haven't flown since our honeymoon 9 years ago. But it's time for us to step out on faith. Weeeeee, Yaaaaay for The Banks

Still No News

Well, we still haven't received any news on the homestudy. I am completely beside myself. I've called & left messages but no one will even call me back. Not a good sign. I'm watching another person's posts to see if her homestudy is approved. She sent hers' in after me. I'm so bummed. Hubby thinks I'm over reacting but I think he's worried too. Everyone please say a little prayer that all will go well and this is not an ominous sign.