Our First Date

Saturday, July 18, 2009

My Achy Breaky


Some of you know i've been having problems with my leg. After many, many test they "think" it could be piriformis muscle syndrome. I'm receiving physical therapy but I have a long way to go.
On Friday I was coming out of the Sprint store, my leg started to feel stiff so I put Gracie down and held her hand. All of a sudden my leg just gave out & I fell straight down off the step into the parking lot. Praise God I had enough presence of mind to let my baby's hand go as I was falling. I slammed into the ground and broke my left arm, I also got a giant knot under my eye but that's going down now and I'm left with a nice black eye. When I looked at my arm I was mortified it looked like a broken piece of spaghetti. I'm surprised the sight of it didn't make me faint.
I was in front of the store so many people ran out to help. One of the salesladies picked Gracie up who was surprisingly calm. She kept looking at me like whatcha doing down there momma? I was able to call hubby and I also called my job to see if someone could come and take G. I knew they wouldn't let me take her in the ambulance. I did all this laying flat down on the ground. There was some lady there who was rather loud, she kept saying I'll take your baby in my car and follow the ambulance. Uhhhhhh lady I'll lay here till the cows come home before I let a stranger take my baby out of my sight. Fortunately 2 of my sweet coworkers arrived and quickly whisked Gracie away. They didn't want her to hear my screams as the paramedics were moving me & my arm onto the stretcher. It was excruciating!
Quinn arrived at the hospital looking frantic. The people at the Sprint store sent him to the wrong hospital. Nevertheless, he made it and thanked my coworkers for staying at the ER with G until he got there.
Despite me taking my pain meds i'm still in an awful lot of pain, especially at night. Please, if you can, say a prayer for Gracie's pretty banged up Mom.

7 comments:

Angela said...

That is terrible to hear Terrie!!!
I'm so sorry for you. Take care of yourself, ok.

I'm glad your co-workers were there for you to pick up baby Gracie. We don't think about the plan when we become suddenly ill with little ones. God worked his magic in your situtation.

Sweet Patience said...

I am glad that you are feeling better. I was concerned about you. Happy Healing and quick healing.

Monica Lidya's Mom said...

Oh my gosh! That must have been really scary. I'm so sorry you are hurt and hope you heal quickly and feel better soon.

Gracie's Mom said...

Thanks guys it was indeed scary & painful. I pray that this issue with my leg is resolved along with the arm.

Brenda said...

I am so sorry to hear about your injury. Please GET WELL SOON !!!

Bennett said...

wow, Terrie, I sent you an email, and text, I hope you were able to get to it, if not, I can post here all the well wishes I sent your way, and to let you know that you are in my prayers.

Celeste

PS something is attached to the email to make you smile!!!

Jebena said...

Terrie, I'm so glad you were able to stay calm for Miss Gracie through the entire ordeal. I'm thinking about you tonight and hoping you are feeling better as the days go by.