Our First Date

Monday, July 23, 2007

Piggy Behavior


Today after our work out my girlfriend and I were talking with our personal trainer. He and his wife have a 7 month old and I was asking him whether or not she slept in a bassinet while she was in their bedroom. He stated that she slept in the bed with them because she was breast fed. I stated that I was worried about that because I wouldn't want to roll over on Gracie. Do you know what this moron said to me?! He said "not to be funny or anything, but when you grow a baby in your body for 9 months then you are more aware of her and you won't roll over on her" WHATTTTTTT???? Are you freakin kidding me? What statistic did you get that from. I shot him an evil look and said "well that's just an ignorant statement, there are so many myths around adoption and that's just another one." My friend and I then continued talking and she was saying of course you wouldn't do that. Anywhoo, after I got home I told DH and he said I was making too much out of it and that I was just overly sensitive. Maybe, my personal trainer is usually a nice guy and probably just didn't realize what he was saying. However, he's made unfavorable little comments about our adoption before that I just let slide.
What's wrong with people? This will be my baby. I already love her so much, it's impossible that I could feel any more love because I gave birth to her. I feel so sad now I could just cry. Maybe I am being too emotional
UPDATE!!!!
I spoke with my personal trainer regarding his ugly comments. He apologized before I even could say my planned speech. He said it was an ignorant statement and that he definately didn't mean to hurt my feelings. I believed him. So all is well once again, I'm not losing any weight but hey he's my personal trainer not Jesus.

__________________

4 comments:

Sweet Lady Sutton said...

Your trainer, in an unsolicted manner, expressed his viewpoint regarding adoption. It sounds as though he does not agree with adoption or perhaps adoption of a different race or culture. I know his comments were annoying and hurtful to you. You have the option of: (1) ignoring some remarks, (2)calmly and assertivley stating that the topic is not open for discussion or(3) shutting him down completely.

P.S. Love Miss Piggy!

Sweet Lady Sutton said...

What about naming the piggy "Bella" (short for Isabella).

Anonymous said...

Have you given any thought to maybe renaming your blog "Our Journey to Grace"? (a little double play on words)

PNF

Sweet Lady Sutton said...

Hello Terri,

Any updates on "Journey to Grace"?