Our First Date

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Nursery








Well the nursery decorations have begun in earnest. Hubby and I are in full swing. The nursery has been painted & hubby finally finished the crown moulding a job not for the faint or heart or those short on patience. I'd secretly hoped that our referral would come sooner than later but it seems that the rumor of an August start up was just that. Everyone seems to think they will start back the first week in September, we'll see. The nursery is keeping us busy though and it's really neat to see Hubby so into it. He'll probably paint the bookshelf over the long weekend. We're going back & forth on what color to paint it. I think cream with pink & lavender accents. Hubby says it should be all pink or all lavender. I don't know, I don't want it to look too cartoonish. What do you think?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the shelves should be cream colored or the color that will match the rest of Ms. Gracie's furniture when it arrives!

PNF

Anonymous said...

I think the shelves should be cream colored with pink or lavender accents as well just make sure the cream matches the rest of Gracie's furniture.

KS (Your other BFF!)

Sweet Lady Sutton said...

You're off to a great start! Very soothing wall color. Hopefully, that will contribute to some peaceful nights. I think you should paint the "mini" house an antique white, similiar to the finish of the crib. Perhaps, you should apply a hazelnut colored glaze for some depth. For interest, I would paint the posterior walls lavender and pink.

Sweet Lady Sutton said...

The Daddy Long Leg doll is a perfect for the wall shelf. Beautiful chocolate fairy. Keep up the good work!

Sew Kidz said...

I think the shelves should be cream with the accents of the room colors. This room is just dreamy. Where are you getting all of those great accessories. You have to share. Love it! By the way it's Theresa.