Our First Date

Monday, September 17, 2007

Pretty is ?


So of course I spend a major part of my day wondering & dreaming about what my baby girl will look like. Will she be cafe au lait or a deep espresso with cinnamon accents. Will she have the huge glorious ethiopian eyes. I have looked at so many Ethiopian babies and for the most part they are extraodinarily beautiful. Is it shallow to want my Gracie to be easy on the eyes? Hubby's family is full of beautiful babies, all of them are of fair countenance. I just can't help but wonder if my sugar baby will elicit the same ooohs and aaahs that they do. We of course want her to be healthy, that is most important. But healthy and cute as a button would be good too. I dreamed of her last night or I dreamed of my idea of her. She was young, maybe 3-4 months old, fat, healthy with a gummy slobbery smile. In the dream I felt such happiness, it was so real. My, my, my I know that she will be perfect in our eyes. In the end that's all that really matters.

P.S. A special shout out to my girl Kitt who has to listen to these mindless ramblings on a daily basis but still cared enough to buy me this exquisite print for Gracie's room. I preciate ya homey!

3 comments:

Sweet Lady Sutton said...

Hello Terrie,

Auntie Kitt is more than happy to listen about your expectant baby Grace Noelle Banks. I am very excited about her pending arrival. She will be a blessing to so many lives, including mine.

OMG! When I saw this print, you and Quinn came to mind. A precious gift from God. Now that's Gracie.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry "mom" -- the moment you lay eyes on that sweet, innocent little face, time will stand still and you'll wonder in awe how you could possibly have thought your life complete before that very second.

PS -- The print is amazing.

PNF

a/k/a Katie Scarlett said...

The nursery is absolutely beautiful, fit for a future diva! I know your baby will be beautiful and very, very loved.