Our First Date

Sunday, April 20, 2008

IFest 2008


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.
This years International Festival's theme was Out of Africa with spotlight on Ethiopia. It was absolutely awesome. They had a reproduction of one the famed churches of Lalibela, dancers, lots of booths overflowing with Ethiopian wares, food, I mean the works! Hubby and I had a blast. We met another AP, she was there with her gorgeous baby girl that's been home from ET for 2 months. She allowed me to hold her and it felt soo good. Boy I CANNOT wait to get my own baby girl in my arms. We exchanged info. and hopefully we'll keep in touch.
The ET women are beyond gorgeous. I mean stunning. Ms. Gracie comes from some serious genetic perfection. We met quite a few people and I told a few about our girl. Honestly, the reaction was somewhat "strange" for lack of a better word. I would initially tell them that Hubby and I were going to ET in 2 weeks to which their eyes lit up, then I'd say that we were picking up our daughter and their faces changed. I honestly can't say what the look was. But it definatley didn't appear to be delight. Who knows I could be reading it wrong. Anywhoo, it was really a neat day and I'm so glad we had a little taste of what's to come. Smooches

No comments: