Our First Date

Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Birthday to Meeeeee


Today is my birthday and I'm 29 and holding! That's right I'm the female version of Benjamin Buttons. Unlike my graceful blogsister Andrea, I'm not going down without a fight LOL. And speaking of fights, the battle of the bulge has me in a headlock. The above photo was taken a few short months ago and now I couldn't get in that dress with a vat of vaseline and a crowbar. Soldier on I will, undaunted to the land of health & size 10 jeans. Anybody out there done the Dr. Siegel Cookie Diet???

Hubby bought me the much longed for and coveted Itouch. Ahhhhh, I can't tell you how much I adore this little machine. Now I have loads of video and pics of Gracie to show around at work. I know all of my coworkers will be so pleased;). It also has amazing apps available that can be downloaded to make it even more incredible. I am in luvvvvvvvv.
Honestly though every birthday from here on out will be filled with unequaled joy and beauty because God saw fit to let me be Gracie's momma. I am still amazed by His grace because I have certainly done nothing in my life to warrant this gift. When I look in my baby girl's face sometimes I'm overcome with so much love and emotion that it's just overwhelming. She makes me want to be a better me.

13 comments:

Queen Diva said...

Happy Birthday Terrie!


I pray that God blesses you with many, many more to come.


Andrea


P.S. Girl, you don't look a day over 25.

VALARIE said...

Not a "vat of vasoline". LOL! Girl, you wear it well no matter the size. Here is a big ole HAPPY BIRTHDAY from me to you! You have such an amazing and special baby and she has an awesome momma.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! I found your blog through someone elses. I have enjoyed reading your journey to Gracie. She is absolutely adorable!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday from one fabulous Diva to another! 29 & holding baby ... 29 & holding!!!!! Love ya' girl.

xoxoxo

pnf

kmr said...

Have a great birthday.

Bennett said...

Happy Birthday Terrie,

A Day short of the cut off for being an aries baby....

LOL

Enjoy your day...

Celeste

Angela said...

Happy Birthday Terrie!

You're really wearing that dress girl! I'm sure you're still a hottie!

Of course you little snuggums is adorable on daddy's shoulder.

Tami said...

Happy Birthday! I'm sure you washed the dress and shrunk it right?

Jebena said...

Happy Birtday Terrie...and who cares about the dress...for 29, you holdin' it down girl!

In the words of Whitney Houston from Waiting To Exhale...repeat after me, "I Still Look GOOD!"

Sweet Patience said...

Happy Birthday Terrie!
I hope that you had a super fantastic day with your hubby and Gracie! Dont worry about the dress, you always look fabulous!
My hubby is an Aries..his birthday is today. I didnt know your birthdays were so close. Keep being fabulous!

Bennett said...

I am also an Aries w/a birthday on the way, but I think Terrie is a day short of the fabulous zodiac sign...LOL

Celeste

Gracie's Mom said...

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I had a great birthday this year! Hmmmm this rollback to 29 ain't too bad:)

Wendy said...

Happy belated, Terrie! I have a milestone coming up later this year, and am thinking about subscribing to your "29 and holding" philosophy!

We are really looking forward to seeing you again in May!!!