Our First Date

Friday, March 27, 2009

Potty, Pics & Princesses


Soooo I obtained my 2nd weapon in my potty training arsenal, an Elmo potty dvd!! Gracie luvvvss her Elbow (as she calls him). When she sat down for lunch today, I eased Elbow in and she laughed & squealed with delight.

Afterwards, Gracie gingerly assisted Elmo onto the potty.

He couldn't perform so she threw him to the floor. Pooooor Elmo, I would never be so harsh.

Bored with the potty saga, Gracie donned her pink crown, jumped on the table and did an impromptu dance & shout number. Oh boy this is gonna be a lonnnng road.

6 comments:

Bennett said...

OK...... why is Gracie on the table, dancing, with on clothes on...?????

LOL

I almost fell out my chair when I saw this pic....I laughed so hard then went back and read the post....

Hang in there

LMAO!!!

Bennett said...

I know everyone has a secret of how to potty train kids, but it usually takes a good week of maybe you being on vacation to do this. You have to use panties, during the day and pull ups or pampers at night, babies get to confused w/the pull ups they feel to much like diapers, so if she wets on her self she can feel the difference, then you use a timer, like the kitchen timer and set it for every 30 mins, and once it goes off she get on the potty, no matter if she used the potty or not, this gets her in the habit of going to the bathroom, so thats why it is important to take a few days off to do this so that you are consistent. I would also suggest putting the potty in the bathroom so she makes the association, and bring in books and some toys she can sit on her lap while on the potty.

we use this potty program in my school district for the kids that come to school that are not potty trained and it works, but it does take time......

Angela said...

That is toooo funny! Gracie is a hoot! Now she thinks the potty is for Elmo.

Queen Diva said...

Terrie,

How in the world did Gracie get up on top of the table? (LOL)

Andrea

Anonymous said...

I always liked "Trixie" for a stage name ... LOL.

xoxoxo

pnf

Bennett said...

yes that is progress..............I am so proud of Ms. Gracie....Give her a big kiss and hug for me!!! Tell her that her Cyber Auntie said job well done!!!

Horray, Horray for Gracie

Celeste