Our First Date

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Potty Training Woes


I know potty training is one of the most difficult rights of passage for a parent! But Gracie takes the cake. She's shown all the signs of being "ready".

Gracie will pull her diaper off dry or wet walk over to the potty, sit on it and do nothing. She'll get up after a few minutes and run away. If we try to put her back on she howls and howls.

If we let her go around bare bottom she'll hold it for hours. As soon as I put on a diaper or panties she goes. I've tried putting the diaper in the potty no go. The child is as stubborn as a mule.

The other day she was sitting on the potty and daddy called when I gave the phone to her she got so excited she started to tinkle, she immediately tried to get up. I had to hold her down on the potty. She tried to stop the flow by holding her legs tight and arching her back but it was already coming full force. When she finished she got up and looked at me like she was so pissed off, literally.

8 comments:

Stacy said...

oh my goodness. you and mel (morgan's mom) could share some stubborn pottying stories.

Angela said...

That little Gracie is a mess. Have you tried pull-ups? Is Gracie 1 or 2? You may just have to wait until she's closer to 3, girl. lol.

Monica Lidya's Mom said...

She's so cute and I love those PJs. I am of the lazy mother school of thought, kids potty train themselves. I tried once with Lidya when she was a little over 2 cause I didn't want to buy any more diapers, no go. Then just before she turned 3 we tried again and she was pretty much trained in a weekend. She had a few accidents but she got the concept.

Gracie's Mom said...

Gracie will be 2 at the end of next month. I honestly feel she knows what to do but just won't. She is just stubborn. When I tried training her at 16months she did so much better. I think if we'd kept it up then we'd be done by now. Now hubby wants to be on board with the training but she's not paying him any mind either. Good grief.

Robbin Hopkins said...

Hilarious!!!!! I say wait a little while longer!

Brenda said...

I understand your struggle with the potty training. W is 2 years and 4 months old. She understands the concept but lately she has been giving everyone a hard time. I have to admit I have given up. I think at some point she will get it.

Shawn said...

How funny! I tried unsuccessfully to potty train my son at 2 years old. We had to wait until he was 2.5-3yrs before he finally decided he wanted to do it too! Then he wouldn't go on a "baby potty"; only the real toilet.

Jebena said...

Give her some wiggle room on this one Mom...it'll happen when it's suppose to. Until then, hold on to all the baby Miss Gracie still has in her!!!!!