Our First Date

Saturday, April 7, 2007

Hello

Today will be my first attempt at blogging. The purpose of this blog is to chronicle our journey to our daughter Grace. My hubby and I are adopting an infant from Ethiopia. We are at the beginning of the process and hopefully she will be home wih us by summer 2008. Sooner would be better but I don't want to drive myself to crazy with the wait.
At this point our homestudy is complete and we our waiting for approval with our agency, CHSFS. The homestudy was fairly painless although I felt our sw failed to show me as warm and fuzzy as I really am. I suggested a few changes and she made them but I'm still don't belive it's an accurate depiction. Well hopefully she know's what she's doing and all will be ok.
The next step is our dossier, after that's completed and approved we are officially on the waiting list.

2 comments:

bowlerperson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SweetLadySutton said...

Hey Terrie,

Apparently, the homestudy did not provide a vivid reflection of your warm and loving personality. As we know, sometimes AA men can be reflected poorly in the media oulets. Perhaps the interviewer was intrigued with the gentleness and intelligence of your spouse. This can only be a win-win situation for you and Gracie.