Our First Date

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Aftermath



Well, we are still without power but one of hubby's coworkers let us borrow a generator. Thank goodness a little internet and tv goes a long way in these circumstances. As I stated before our little family was blessed not to suffer any significant damage. I feel a little shameful complaining about the power situation since others have lost so much. After, these few days of darkness, I can only imagine the horror the Katrina victims suffered in that superdome. We are in the comfort of our own home, safe and dry, and I thank God for that.
Sweetums is doing pretty good, bless her heart, her little schedule is all off. Today she was so fussy, just wouldn't settle down, she missed both of her naps. She finally passed out from sheer exhaustion. Poor sweetums, I'm sure she misses Elmo in the morning, me to. Our lights flickered on today but quickly went back out. Hopefully this means they are working on our area and we'll be up soon. Thanks everyone whose been praying for us, we truely appreciate it. Here some pics from he last few days. Oh, btw, the first pic is not our house, just some I took when we were riding around.
We moved our mattress into the dining room and all slept there. There was a nice breeze coming through the window. I got the cutest shot of Gracie sleepin in the exact same position as her daddy but he won't let me post it because he has his skivvies on. Spoiled sport;)

.

2 comments:

Robbin Hopkins said...

Thank goodness your power is back on. I think daddy and baby have the same taste in clothes!


Robbin

Bennett said...

Hey Terrie, well I am happy to see your power is on and you guys are safe.