Our First Date

Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Thankful Thanksgiving


Gracie started off her turkey day with a hearty breakfast of Malt O Meal, she needed her strength to help mommy in the kitchen.

I cooked my first Thanksgiving dinner today. Doesn't that bird look succulent, believe me it was. I made this herb butter and even lifted the skin up and rubbed it in. I basted, basted & basted. Move over Martha Stewart, Gracie's mom is on the move!

My mom's dressing is heaven on a plate. A couple of years ago I videotaped her preparing it. I watched it and tried to follow along. While not as good as hers, it was still daggone good. I was as proud as a peacock.

The only sour note in our day was that sweetums woke up with a pretty bad cold. She sneezed and had a runny nose all day. We were constantly wiping that lil red button as evidenced by the roll of toilet paper on the table.

We were all full & happy by dinner's end. The day couldn't have been more perfect. To feed my sweet girl dressing that I made, I mean I daydreamed about holidays like this but to actual live it, it's just indescribable. I hope everyone had a safe, happy and especially Blessed Thanksgiving. God is always so good!

4 comments:

Bennett said...

Hey Girl

I knew I could come here and see pics that make my heart smile. Wow girl you got your cooking on....your stuffing look like our famous cornbread stuffing, was it good? by the looks of hubby's plate is was really really good...Gracie is so cute and you are right what a holiday blessing.

Angela said...

Oh how sweet! You guys make me smile. I can see the joy Gracie has brought to your lives. Your husband is a hoot posing for the camera like that! I don't know who's having the most fun!

Stacy said...

sweet sweet sweet, we have so much to be thankful for don't we??? Once you perfect the dressing/stuffing don't forget to videotape yourself doing it! Imagine some day Gracie and her children... Happy Thanksgiving

Tricia and Anthony said...

Now that is one good looking bird. My stomach shifted a little when I saw the picture! LOL

Didn't you just have a blast cooking? I didn't this year, I was really sick, but I'm so looking forward to cooking for Christmas.

Dressing is so hard, for me. I might let my grandma handle it this time. :-)