Our First Date

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Yes Gracie, there is a Santa Claus


This evening my husband and I were talking about Gracie's Christmas presents and he said we needed to wrap them and put them under the tree. I said well not really, we'll put everything out after she goes to bed on Christmas eve and when she wakes up she'll know that Santa's been there. That's the way my mom always did it for me and I loved it. Hubby said we had presents under the tree a month before and besides I'm not telling her Santa is real..........OH MY GOD, I looked at him as if he had just told me that he was the real Santa Claus. I was actually speechless for a moment, stunned into horrified silence. I said to my husband, your're kidding right?! He said no I'm not telling her that lie and I'm can't believe you want to. Uhhhh look around, I'm a Christmas nut and we have no less than 50 Santas around this house some of which I keep up year around. Sometimes my hubby pulls my leg just to get a rise out of me. I sincerely hope this is one of those times. Wow guess I missed the subject of Santa prior to us walking down the aisle. Hmmmm and here I was thinking we had everything covered. Good grief what's next the Tooth Fairy.

8 comments:

Angela said...

What??!! There's no Santa! OMG!!

Tell your Hubby the devil is a lie. Santa is at the North Pole right now. Doesn't your Hubby deliver letters to the North Pole?

Anonymous said...

Tell him not to make me come down there!!!!


pnf

Anonymous said...

LOL! I fear your hubby is going to lose this fight! Wrap some presents for under the tree from mommy and daddy and then Santa comes and leaves his presents unwrapped. That's the way I did it growing up and how we do it now. That way, you get to have pretty packages under the tree (or trees plural in your case) and the ones that are too big to wrap, Santa can bring!

katiescarlett

Monica Lidya's Mom said...

Too Funny! The things you forget to talk about before walking down the aisle :-). I agree with the some wrapped some out from Santa (who by the way is real) on Christmas morning idea. Seems like a nice compromise...no?

Anonymous said...

Wow Gracie's mom, do you really think he would steal her joy like that?! Children are innocent for such a short time and Santa is a magical part of childhood. I hope he's just pulling your leg.

Abiya's Mom

Bennett said...

Hey girl,

Yes as kids we went to bed early and woke to loads and loads of things up under the tree unwrapped. It was so magical. As we got older the gifts got wrapped.

I have tossed this around a few times myself a/b Santa, and I know how magical it was for me to believe in Santa at a young age and I was not hurt when I found him to be fake, and momma was putting those toys under the true. I mean I lived to talk a/b it!!

Celeste

Bennett said...

I meant to say momma was putitng those toys under the tree........lol

Ali said...

Eeeek, I hate to admit it, but I'm a bit like your hubby. I never really thought I was depriving my kids, but my hubby and I hate the whole sitting on Santa's lap thing. That is the main reason we never played up Santa. My six year old has always thought of him like a storybook character, a man wearing a costume. But he is a very logical kid, too much of a lawyer actually :)
I'm obsessed with nutcrackers and Nativitys, that's what is all over my house...Isn't it funny how we develop traditions and collections?