Our First Date

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Eleven Months Old



Wow my sweet girl is 11 months old today. Time is moving far too quickly. Soon she would have been home with us for 6 months. Gracie girl is truely something. She keeps hubby and I on our toes. This is a quick post because I'm on my way out. I'll add to it later.



We took this picture Sunday after church. I'm surprised my sweetums is still awake because she gave us quite a workout at church. She is busy, busy, busy in church and LOUD. She loves singing along with the choir and she's more than happy to help the Pastor out as well. Hubby and I just try to go with the flow because she's only 11 mos old after all and she doesn't understand the concept of shhhhh yet.


Here's my baby girl playing with one of her babies. She's caressing her face so gently. I pray my sweetums always has a kind spirit. I've always rooted for the underdog even when I was a child. I was never a mean spirited bully. I pray I can instill that in my baby.




A couple of weeks ago I had to take Gracie to work with me for a little while because Hubby had to work late. I'm in an office alone so it wasn't that big of a deal, however by nature I'm not a rule breaker so I was a little uneasy. While there my baby girl fell while pushing one of the chairs, I grabbed for her but missed. She didn't hurt herself but I felt so guilty for even having her there in harm's way. Fortunately Daddy came soon after and all was well. How I wish I could always protect her from any harm.



Hmmmm one my girlfriends kids me all the time about my spoiled baby, but really can our little ones be truely spoiled at this age? I for one don't think so. I definately want sweetums to be happy as much as possible and I go outta my way to see that she is. It's funny how your wants and needs change after you become a mom. I'd gladly pass up a Coach purse for the latest toy that "might" bring a smile to my girl's face. Now that's saying something.



You are the best part of my day baby girl. I pray you're always this happy. I pray you find your passion in life early so you'll have many, many years to enjoy it. I love you to pieces Gracie. Please don't grow up to fast, I miss you already. Love Momma
.

4 comments:

Sweet Patience said...

This is the happiest baby in the World! I can hardly believe she will be 1 year old soon! What a doll!

Angela said...

She is soo cute and she's waving! Lord, Lord they grow soo fast. I feel almost like an aunt with all the cute baby pics..LOL!

Stacy said...

you're a great mama ... and your sweet babe will grow up knowing how to nurture others because you took care of her needs when she was young. she's beautiful

Anonymous said...

Oh Terrie....

I want one! Sometimes when I feel like I'm too tired for this (like today) I look at baby Gracie and she renews my strength. This post is adorable. I can't wait! Thank you so much for sharing Gracie with us.

I pray I have a baby as happy as yours..