Our First Date

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Old School Hip Hop


I watched VH1 100 Greatest Hip Hop Songs and man it brought back some great memories. I used to absolutely love hip hop music before it degenerated into the misogynistic, foul language, gangster mess it is today. In the 80's & 90's rap was in it's heyday. I had so many favorites but posted Pete Rock & CL Smooth's Reminisce. I would literally scream and jump outta my seat everytime I heard it. It's on my Ipod right now. Ahhhhh those were the days.

7 comments:

Queen Diva said...

Terrie,

I never heard this song but it sounds nice. And yes, the 80's and 90's rap music was MUCH better than it is today.

Andrea

Anonymous said...

I can actually envision a lil' swing out action to this one!

pnf

Bennett said...

Ok Terrie you are going to make me go there on my blog. I have two all time favorites from back in the day. LL Cool J I need love and UTFO Crew...Roxanne,
Roxanne....... girl, what u talkin bout..... LOL

Angela said...

Hi Terrie,

I like that song too. My brother and I had Sugar Hill Gang, Ron DMC's, and LL's first album. We scratched one of the albums up before we realized we needed a special turn table... KIDS. Do you remember DOUG E FRESH?!!

We spent many afternoons in the skating rink rolling to these songs!!

Bennett said...

yes Doug E. Fresh

I recall it like it was yesterday..was it a great ear or what!!!

Gracie's Mom said...

Dougie E Fresh "The Show" now that was the JAM! I wanted to post that one but I don't know if he never made a video to it or it just wasn't on you tube. Man oh man that was the joint!!!!

Shawn said...

OK. I know I'm chimimg in late, but I am an old school hip hop head !!! Memories! I wish I had seen the show. I'll have to agree with Bennett, LL Cool J "I need love", Roxanne, Roxanne by "UTFO" , not to be confused with the Real Roxanne, and MC Lyte, are my favorites! Let's not forget Eric B and Rakim!