Our First Date

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Random Pics & Such


Just a few random pics since I haven't posted anything in awhile. Ms. Gracie is changing everyday. Her little personality keeps hubby and I in stitches. I can only imagine how she'll be once she starts talking. I was so happy that she loved this spaghetti, she ate every bit of it. The next day she clamped her mouth shut and vigorously shook her head no while saying unnh, unnh.

On New Year's Eve, hubby and I went to Walmart in an attempt to tire missy out. It sorta worked and we were able to creep out and see The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons. I loved that movie! Great love story and Brad Pitt is indeed a studmuffin. Call me crazy but I never really noticed that before.


Today, I took my mom to the doctor because she has severe arthritis and it has really started to affect her quality of life. I made the unfortunate mistake of scheduling the appt. during Gracie's nap time. I have NEVER seen my child behave this way. She cried and carried on something awful. She had the entire office lit up! I took her out in the hallway a couple of times but I really wanted to be with my mom when she talked with the doc. That was the absolute longest doctor's appt. I've ever had to endure. Ms. Gracie would not be soothed with crackers, milk, Elmo nothing. She just howled & howled. The above pics were taken while she was regaining her breath/strength for another howling session. We tried the crackers again for the umpteenth time and she finally quieted down and started snacking. When the doctor came in he said well somebody's happy! Oh look you were just hungry that's all. So my mom and I both look at each other like oh great everyone thinks we were starving the child to death. My baby girl, gotta luv her.

2 comments:

Monica Lidya's Mom said...

Lately I've been fondly remembering those tantrums....Now I have to deal with back talk and negotiations! Which I think is much worse, especially from a very talkative 3 year old. Some times at the end of the day I am so tired of talking I can barely form a sentence. So enjoy??? those tantrums cause it gets worse/different :-).

Angela said...

OK Terrie, you're scarring me. LOL!
I don't remember any of that..honestly. J hardly cried at all, even for shots.

I hope your Mom gets what she needs to feel better. Arthritis is awfully painful and interfering. Poor Mommy. I know you really wanted to be there to listen to the docs. Hopefully she asked the right questions.