Our First Date

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Question of Ethics


For the most part, I keep my blog light and avoid "deep" issues. This is done purposely because I feel you rarely can change someone's deep convictions.

The forum, that I continue to read in spite of my best efforts not to, thrives on volatile issues. Today I read something that was truly shocking & disturbing to me.

An AP of an older child apparently hired an investigator to research the child's "true" background. Apparently what she learned led her to return to Ethiopia an attempt to return the child. The child's family gave her permission to keep her in the US.

I don't know what any of you would do in this situation but as for me, they would have to pry Gracie from my cold dead hands to take her away from me. And that's all I have to say about that.

11 comments:

Kresha said...

I totally agree with you because as an AP parent (getting dossier completed) We fall in love with pictures and anything else that gives us a connection to that child, so I couldn't even imagine going that far.

Sweet Patience said...

All I can say is WOW. I don't know the situation that surrounds them doing an investigation, but I can't imagine going through these extremes after taking a child home with me.
You would think that if there were any doubt, that these concerns would have been handled prior to picking this child up. I know that this had to be devistating to the child as well.

Tricia and Anthony said...

I'm with Kristy. Wow!

On another note, those pics of Gracie are just TOO adorable!

Stacy said...

I'm on the fence. Totally makes me sweat cold to think about it ... but if I knew another momma was hurting, that that momma had the babe pried out of her hands then, ahhh shucks, not gonna think about it right now. Can't yet, must go kiss Lucy must not have nightmares, glad I am not faced with this quandry.

Monica Lidya's Mom said...

I read your comment on "the" forum and I agree with you. For some reason I cannot stop reading the comments that are constantly posted (kind of like a car accident, don't want to look but can't look away) by some very negative people, a couple of whom I think need medication. I no longer express my opinions on that forum because they are coming from such a different perspective that they are not appreciated nor understood.

Rebecca said...

Well hello!  Your blog is awesome and your Gracie is beautiful.  I have to say that I agree 100% with you.  Someone would have to kill me before they took my girl.  Gives me the vapors to even think about it! 

Queen Diva said...

I agree with you wholeheartedly Terrie.

Andrea

Bennett said...

wow Terrie I heard a/b this and I have to now go and do some reading to see what it is all a/b.

Celeste

Freda said...

This is terrible; I can’t imagine what the AP must have gone through to come to that decision.

Anonymous said...

On a separate note, Auntie's babie sure is sweet. I absolutely love all the funny face pics.

xoxoxo

pnf

Tami said...

I can't even image this. I would pray that everything is done ahead of time to prevent this from happening, but I doubt very seriously I would pay for an investigation then give my child back. Please have the issues resolved before hand because my heart couldn't stand it!