Our First Date

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Must be a Mistake

Last weekend I entered Gracie in a small, local beauty contest. Well actually I left her pic and application in a collection box at a baby store. The judges or whoever were going to contact the finalist for the actual pageant to be held next weekend. Two of my coworkers have already been contacted (tomorrow is deadline). Can you believe they have not called me about my sweet girl. THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!! Surely there is some mistake, who would not want my beauty in there contest. Hubby said I didn't leave a good enough pic. I used this one:

I think she looks adorable in this picture. You don't get the picture back so I didn't want to leave any professional ones. I'm just dumbfounded and a lil pissed if you want to know the truth. Hubby says good because he didn't want me to turn her into a little Jon Benet Ramsey. Men can be so crazy. I'm just really outdone. Who's judging this thing Stevie Wonder. Maybe it's a good thing if I'm this upset and it was just the prelims LOL.

But seriously, come on look at that face!

10 comments:

Angela said...

Gracie is beautiful of course. It's a very pretty picture, but I'll bet they may have wanted a close up.

Stacy said...

um here's how I thought of it the one time I entered Lucy and she didn't place. OUR girls are sooooo incredibly beautiful that they would make the runners up look, well, ummm a bit "off", so they had to skip our kids. They need their own separate contest.

Robbin Hopkins said...

Of course Gracie is a super beauty... but I agree they may have been looking for a close up shot!!! Trust me she would win any beauty contest HANDS DOWN...

Tami said...

I can't believe they didn't pick her, but I have to agree they probably wanted a close up and I've seen so many pictures on your blog that make me want to steal her from you.

Queen Diva said...

Terrie,

Of course they made a MISTAKE. The judges are definitely blind, because any one can tell that your baby is a star. She's beautiful.

They probably lost your number. Yeah, that's it, they lost your number and they have not been able to contact you :)

Andrea

Gracie's Mom said...

Stacy I absolutely agree with you. Now any contest that LUCY didn't not only place but win by a landslide is an obvious sham. Such is the lot of the incredibly beautiful!

VALARIE said...

It is definitely a mistake. The only thing that I can think of is that they thought Gracie was miles ahead of those other cuties and didn't want them to have to stand in her glow. She is definitely my number one favorite and if you give me the judges number I will call and tell him so.

I'm with Andrea, are you sure you put the right number on there? This is definite an outrage.

Bennett said...

who wouldn't want that beauty?

I say to boycott!!!

LOL

Kresha said...

she is still adorable

Melanie said...

She is beautiful!!!!