Our First Date

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

1st Doctor's Visit



My Muffin Butt had her first doctor's appointment today and she did outstanding. The doc was very please with all aspects of her development. Of course she flashed her trademark grin and won everyone over. She weighed a whopping 14.0 lbs, up 2 lbs from when we were in ET. The doctor laughed when I told her she drinks 6oz. EVERY 3 hours. She said most kiddos are not getting nearly that much formula. Yeah she's playing me and her Dad for sure. We're still working on introducing jar food, once she has that down, she surely won't need as much formula. She's 25% on the height chart and 10% on the weight. The doctor said that was just fine, she may be a little on the petite side. I really loved the doctor. She took her time and answered all of my questions. I felt she was genuinely concerned with my baby's wellbeing. Goodie. The only downside to the whole appointment was my sweetums had to get a shot:( This shot is for the prevention of the Streptococcus pneumoniae bacteria which can cause meningitis and other ugly bugs. When the nurse gave her the shot for a second she didn't cry then she look liked "hey this woman stuck me" and she let out a wail, oh poor sugar, she didn't cry long though. Thank goodness Gracie had received all of her other vaccines in ET and the doctor was satisfied with that. At 9months they will draw routine bloodwork and during that time they will also check her titers to see if she has all of the appropriate immunities from her vaccines. I didn't want Gracie being re immunized unnecessarily so I was glad the doctor was of that mindset. After our doc visit we had planned to go to the mall but because of mean ole Nurse Hatchett, we decided to go home, have a lil Tylenol and a nap. Smooches

No comments: