Our First Date

Sunday, May 18, 2008

We're Home!!!






We made it home! God is so good. It's hard to believe that she is really here with us. It was a long and arduous trip without a doubt. Muffin butt did well. She only had one minor blow out necessitating an outfit change. She slept in her little airline bassinet and only woke up for feedings and changings. Of course at times she did opt to let ALL of economy class know that she was onboard (heehee) but she was quite a trooper overall. We had a looonnngg 8hr layover in Dubai which we spent in the airport. Not fun but we made it. Poor hubby was starting to unravel but Gracie and I soldiered on. I was so shocked at the Emirates stewardesses, they were just awful. On the trip over, they were all just great, I was so impressed. But on the trip home they were borderline hateful on both flights. I had to beg for a puppet for my muffin butt. Don't know what to make of that. I would still recommend them, I guess. We made it to Houston and got through customs fairly quickly considering the long line. Boy did it feel good to walk through our front door. Ms. Gracie looked around and seemed to say not to shabby momma:) As soon as we got home I got her some rice cereal and she slept 5 hrs. last night!!!! That was awesome. She's such a good baby, totally content when she's dry and full. I am sooo humbled by God's grace. He chose me to raise this little miracle. Incredible.
I want to give a shout out to my wonderful travel group. Hey guys I hope you all made it home safely and the little bundles are doing well. Take care all. Smooches

PS I know that's a ruff pic of me but hey it's hard to be Diva after travelling for 2 days. Of course Muffins remains a star at all times.

5 comments:

Robbin Hopkins said...

What a princess!! She looks so cute, the picture with the bear is my favorite. She looks like her dad already. I am very happy to see you home safely. Enjoy every minute.

Robbin

Bennett said...

Hello Gracie's mom

I got your last two comments on my blogs, and we will stay in touch!!!

Welcome home, take time to process every thing you saw and experienced in ET. You may have met a friend of mine who was over there in ET when you arrived picking her dauther up by the name of Grace also. she is also w/CHSFS.

Get Comfy, and I look foward to reading your entries on the blog....

Take care

Anonymous said...

Terrie, great timing, I just e-mailed you for your blog address...Gracie is sooo cute!! I love her smile in the car seat and by that big bear! What a doll! It is so nice to be home isn't it? My house felt like a palace. We all have much to be thankful for! We so enjoyed being with your family on the trip!

We love you, Jill and Andy

Anonymous said...

... He knows the desires of our hearts ... the Holy Spirit has heard and made intercession on your behalf ... love you guys!


PNF

a/k/a Katie Scarlett said...

She is so beautiful. I am so happy for you both. Your blog entries brought tears to my eyes. You are a wonderful mother and you are all so blessed!