Our First Date

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Sick Sweetums

Well last night was a rough one for us guys.  Ms. Gracie is truely sick.  She coughed and all night, nobody got any sleep.  My poor sweetums, she would try to drink her formula, then start coughing and throw it up.  I wanted to cry to to see her so miserable.   One of the other mom's tapped on our door (guess Ms. Gracie woke her up too) and suggested the steam shower method.  We sat in the bathroom for about 30 mins. and I think it helped to loosen it up some but that only made her cough more.  At least she got a little phlegm up.   We took her to the doctor first thing this morning.  The doc listened to her lungs and said they were clear so she didn't have pneumonia, thank God.  She stated she had an upper respiratory infection and gave us some amoxicillin.  She's already having diarrhea from it but I think she's feeling a bit better.  Not coughing as much. Last night on the computer I read about the old remedy putting Vicks on the bottom of the feet and covering with warm socks.  So after we left the doctor  Ato Garma stopped at a pharmacy and got some menthol rub for her.  I put it on her little feet in the car. Everyone here has been so helpful and concerned. Then when we got back to the guest house, one of the mom's had a whole jar of vicks baby rub and graciously gave it to us.  So I think she's gonna turn the corner.  Chile I'm really a momma now.
 
Mr. Banks is feeling better today, just so worried about the baby. His cough is getting better and his sinus pressure has been relieved so that's one less thing for me to worry about. 
 
We're almost home guys, please continue to pray for us.  Karen thanks for all your flying tips and I will adhere to them all.   Godwilling we'll be back in H-Town saturday evening.

No comments: