Our First Date

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Absolutely Awful

I dropped my baby off this morning at daycare. It was so awful. I am STILL crying. The caregiver in her room seemed wonderful. She was an older lady and had the face of a kind, kind grandmother. I handed Gracie to her and she looked so scared then she turned her little mouth down like she does when she's getting ready to cry. Oh, my heart, my heart I almost took her back and said forget it. The nice lady started to bounce her and talk to her and Gracie just whimpered not a full out cry. I left at this point and went back to the front. I gave them her shot records and went back to get one last peak. The lady was holding her and she was just looking around but not crying. I sat in my car for 10 minutes weeping before I drove away. I called my poor hubby and he tried to console me to no avail. This has to get better but I don't see how. I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE HER IN DAYCARE!!!!! Any words of encouragement would be appreciated guys. I am seriously distraught.

1 comment:

rebekah said...

Gosh, I don't know what to say, I can't imagine how hard it is. All I know is that while it gets easier to handle, you're never really ok with it. That's the thing about being a mom. Your description of Gracie's sad face brought me to tears.

Hang in there!!!!