Our First Date

Friday, June 27, 2008

Testimony


I just have to share this testimony, it's too good to keep to myself. Today I had a meeting with my DON (director of nursing) and my immediate supervisor. I told them about how daycare just wasn't gonna work for us and that I wouldn't be able to work my previous hours. I told them that I could work the 1 day a week that Quinn is off and then maybe I could work a 7p-7a shift in the ER or inpatient. Now mind you, I work in the outpatient area of the hospital. My DON says to me "well let's think outside the box", could you work 6p-9p in the eves. doing the preop calls and then you could work 12-6pm or whatever time you like on the days Quinn is off . I was stunned, I wish I could have stopped time right then so I could've jumped on top of the desk and shouted out praises to my Lord!!!!!!!! My DON then said Terrie, we were so afraid you were coming in here to quit, we don't want to lose you, we will work with you any way we can. GOD IS SOOOO INCREDIBLE! Working those hours should average out to about 20 hours per wk. If we're frugal and really careful with our expenditures that should work out just fine for us. Again, I never even thought they would consider something like that. Sooo Monday is my first day back. I'll spend all day with my sweet Muffin Butt, hand her off to her doting dad and go to work. I'll be back home in time to tuck her into bed. Ummp, ummp, ummmp.

Now I will say this, I had a secret weapon, I brought my sweetums with me and she was looking incredibly cute and she was in a great mood. Just smiling and charming the pants off everyone. Way to go sweetums, help your momma out.

5 comments:

Bennett said...

Yes Girl!!!

GOD is good all the time!!!!!

VALARIE said...

This is a great testimony. She is too cute for words.

Shawn said...

Yay!! That's awesome.

Robbin Hopkins said...

That's great news! Its a worthwhile sacrifice.

Robbin

Stacy said...

hey, that's wonderful news!!! The best of all worlds. I am so happy for you and for your family.