Our First Date

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Day 2 of The Daycare Blues

Well, we've survived another day. Was it better, honestly, no but I have to keep praying that eventually it will be. This morning hubby and I dropped her off. At first it seemed it would be ok but as soon as she went from hubby's arms to Ms. Edie's she screamed bloody murder, worse than yesterday. Hubby and I both kissed her and walked away. I was hysterical by the time I got to the car. Hubby gave me a big hug and promised she'd be ok. I let her stay for 4 hours today and when I went to get her at 10:30 she was sitting in an exersaucer bawling. Oh boy, NOT what I wanted to see. Ms. Edie promised she'd just started crying and when the other caretaker picked her up she stopped right away. They said she'd had a good morning, bottle, bm and a nice nap. When I took her she seemed upset with me at first wouldn't make eye contact and kept her little head down. I just kept talking to her and giving her kisses. After we made it home, she seemed her ole smiley self again. We're gonna go meet daddy for lunch, I think this morning shook him up too. Sooo we soldier on :(

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Aww.. I feel for you. When we first sent Brendon to daycare I was sooo sad, but we had no choice. I must admit leaving an infant/early toddler is a really hard thing. I did find it gets a little easier the older they get, although the feelings don't go away totally for you as the parent. My son is now 8, and well adjusted. Daycare was hard on us, but we really got to know his providers over the 5 years he was there, and in the end it benefited him tremendously when he entered Kindergarten. He was already used to going to school everyday, so it was no big deal to him. Now he loves school. I think it might have bothered me more than him. Have you considered an au pair, or an at home nanny during the day? These might feel a little better until she is older.