Our First Date

Thursday, June 26, 2008

I CANNOT DO IT!!!

AeonGraphix.Com

Today was Gracie's last day at the daycare. I just can't do it folks. I feel my baby is just too young and with her only being home with us for 6 weeks, I'm terrified that the daycare will reverse all the bonding that's occurred so far and possibly hurt any further. This may or may not be true but it's a chance I'm not willing to take. In January, she'll be older and God willing well bonded to us, and I'll try again at that time. Until then, hubby and I will have to learn how to live on less. I'm going to speak with my manager tomorrow and perhaps I can work one 7p-7a shift a week. I am stepping out on faith but God has NEVER let me down, so I continue to trust in him. Thanks for your prayers guys.

6 comments:

rebekah said...

That sounds awesome, I can't imagine how hard it's been! Love the karate baby.

Bennett said...

Not laughing at you, but laughing at the fact that I fully understand you to the highest degree there is.........when I saw that graphic I was rolling on the floor.

Well all you can say is that you tried. Now around this time next year I may be using that same image to express my feelings...b/c I know it is going to be extra hard to leave my baby at the day care. I put a quote on my blog months ago, and it said, "those that have never been touched by adoption, have no clue." This is one of those things where people will most likley have no clue or understand..... I think you did what was in your heart and I am w/you on the fact GOD does not steer you in any direction unless it is done w/his permission.......best of luck, and where there is a will there is a way, I will keep your family on my prayer list.

Celeste

Bennett said...

wanted to add this...don't know how you feel a/b it, but think of all the moms in your development or area that may feel the way you do.....maybe start a mini day care w/maybe 2-3 kids that way Gracie has children around her

Anonymous said...

Ohhh Terri!! {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

I definitely know how you feel! I remember when I went back to work and had to leave her for the first time. It was SOOOOO hard! I remember crying all the way through rush hour traffic for at least a month and she was being kept by MY OWN MOTHER who I knew absolutely adored her and was spoiling her all day long!

Lamar and I learned QUICKLY how to live on 1 salary and never looked back!

I'm sending MAJOR {{{{{{HUGS}}}}} your way!

Anonymous said...

(((Hugs))) Terri. You do what's best for you and that sweet baby!

katiescarlett

Stacy said...

good for you!!! I am glad you are following your heart and faith